Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tip for dieters: It's all well and good to attend charity fundraisers, but try to steer clear of the pancake breakfast ones.

Well, I had to work a fundraising event at 8am this morning (it was a pancake breakfast event that benefitted a humane society that I volunteer for) and so I rock up for my shift bleary eyed, tired, and hungry, only to find out that my shift got changed around and I wasn't going to be doing any work until 9 .. so I sat down with a couple of other volunteers and ended up eating some of the very unhealthy food. (There were literally NO other options and I slept in heaps late and didn't even have time to grab a shake out of the fridge.)

Breakfast: Pancake and a touch of syrup and two bites of bacon. POINTS: 7
( I have absolutely NO idea what the points for a pancake are - I NEVER eat them, they're just not good enough for me to waste calories on .. even when I've been bad and we make a big old fashioned breakfast, I don't eat the pancakes,I eat the potatoes and eggs and grilled tomato .. just not a pancake lover. However, I just went off of the NI for mcdonalds pancakes to come up with those 7 points, so I'm assuming that will do.

Stupid Pancake. I hate you! *stabs pancake, and then eats it* (I ate most of one of these pancakes and threw the rest in the trash.)


Snack: Kellogs strawberry fruit crisp. ( Another shitty waste of cals, and with no nutritional content to speak of. )POINTS: 1

Random internet picture - I ate my piece of chemicals disguised as food standing up while waiting for my coffee to be ready.



Lunch: Bagel thins w/ egg white and herb omelette, and a touch of mozzarella and spinach artichoke cream cheeese spread. POINTS:  3

This was MUCH nicer than that stupid pancake!


                           
Dinner: The Lion and the Munchkin met me during my break and we ate at Schlotzkys. Had a chicken guacamole sandwich and a bag of baked chips. I should have vetoed the chips, but if I made those kind of decisions easily, I wouldn't be trying to lose weight and get healthier now. ;)  POINTS: 10

This has like a million less calories than most takeout wraps or salads. Those restaurants are SNEAKY!


Snack
: 2 Iced Sugar Free Hazelnut coffees w/ skim milk. POINTS: 2




Exercise: None - but I was on my feet ALL day today. Worked a charity event for the organization I volunteer with first thing in the morning, then it was off to work for a 10 hour day. POINTS Earned: 0

Summary:
Daily Points Allowed: 22
Daily POINTS used: 23/22
Weekly POINTS Used: 1/35
Exercise POINTS Earned: 0
Weekly Exercise: 4 days / 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know if you're out there. Type "Lurker" in the comment box anonymously if you have nothing to say, and make me smile! Smiles are the hugs you can give strangers! (Well you could hug strangers, but there's the possibility of getting arrested for assault if you try it.)